- The Science Showcase is open to students in Grades K – 4 in the Groton Dunstable School District. This includes the Florence Roche and Swallow Union Elementary schools.
- Students must register in order to participate in the Science Showcase (see below).
- Participants will create a presentation that will be shared with judges and the public. Participants are encouraged to be creative and have fun with the presentations. There are fewer guidelines regarding the contents of the visual and oral presentation so participants should feel free to tailor the presentation to your own unique style.
- Students will present their visual presentation and oral explanation (if comfortable) at the Science Showcase to judges and the general public.
- Students must register for the Showcase through the online registration here on this website. Go to the “Registration” page and follow the directions.
- Every participant must register by the Registration Deadline. If the deadline passes, registrants will be placed on a waiting list.
- Participants may change any of their Registration Information or delete their entire Registration before the Registration Deadline. After the Registration Deadline, only the “Project Title” and “Project Description” will be available to change. Any other changes or deletions after the Registration Deadline must be requested through the Science Showcase email link on the Contact page.
- There is Limited Space Available. If maximum capacity is reached before you register, your Registration will be placed on a Waiting List.
- You will present and give an oral explanation (if any) to multiple judges.
- Judges will provide you with feedback on your oral explanation and visual presentation. Feedback will be based on: knowledge of project topic, quality of oral explanation and visual presentation, and originality of project.
- Every participant will receive a Recognition Award before leaving.
- In addition there will be three award categories per grade level: Best Oral Presentation, Most Original Project, and Best Supporting Materials.
- Judges assigned to each grade level will make award decisions as a team.
Day of the Showcase
- Prior to the Science Showcase, you will receive a Location ID that will tell you where to set up your presentation.
- There will be Snacks and Drinks available for purchase at the Showcase.
- Please no food or drinks in the gym.
- Please enjoy the vendors and the Passport game.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Science Showcase Team through the email link on the Contact page of this website.